“The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. “
I love a good movie title. Especially when gives me a simple way of breaking down all the types of stress.
That movie is considered by many to be one of the most influential Western movies of all time. Unless you are John Wayne, of course, or Val Kilmer in “Tombstone.” And I am here to say that you get to decide if your stress to become a part of some influential legacy in your life.
How is stress affecting you physically and emotionally? Is your body more tense or sensitive? Has it been harder to manage day to day responsibilities? Are you wanting to learn skills to manage your stress? Stress has been proven to impact both our physical and mental health.
Did you know that Stress can:
Express itself with body aches, abdominal discomfort, asthma, and headaches
Can be associated with anxiety, irritability, sleep difficulties, and changes in mood
Increase harmful habits, such as smoking, overeating, or alcohol use
Be controlled by you making some simple changes
How Do We Learn to Lessen the Stress?
I can provide you with the skills to help decrease your stress through either individual counseling or group classes.
Together we will learn to:
- What the differences are between healthy, bad, and toxic stress
- Identify the physical, emotional, and social changes caused by stress
- Discover the causes and triggers that cause stress
- Change habits with proven skills to reduce stress
- Integrate daily solutions to help you gain control of your life
- Determine when professional therapy is appropriate
Check out this great article by the American Stroke Association
We can do this. I look forward to hearing from you!